Friday, December 14, 2007

Flot 0.3 released!

New version of Flot is out. See the changes. This is mostly a bug fix release because the previous zip/tarball didn't contain the jquery.js file.

I've also started a mailing list which I really recommend using.

I did sneak in a new feature - that's why it is 0.3 instead of 0.2.1. You can now enable people to click on the plot and get the (x,y) coordinates (in the unit of the plot, not pixels) out.

This is a primitive form of interaction. Eventually I want to support automatic data coupling so you can know what has been clicked and in the same vein highlight the stuff underneath the cursor. But at the moment I'm pretty swamped with things to do, and this clicking was enough for our internal application. I suspect it will be useful for lots of other things too, at least until Flot is clever enough to map from points to data.

No comments:

Post a Comment